December really is like August for me – both are months in which business traditionally tends to slow down, but I view them as opportunities to do some of your best work. However, the December “danger” is not executing or making poor business decisions, which may cripple your business for the next year.
December pipeline deals can close faster with end-of-year budget money available; and, that’s great. But the challenge stems from a desire to meet our business goals and manage the client’s urgency to buy. And, very often, the details aren’t vetted.
That all-important attention to detail, which takes tie and frustrates us the other 11 months of the year – seemingly fades in December. But, take my advice:
- Be clear on project expectations and timeline.
- Nail down billing cycle details.
- Conduct due diligence to learn if the partnership is truly a fit. Trustworthy? Credible? Good partner?
- Ensure the end-result of the project provides a solution to your client’s problem.
- In December, work hard, remain vigilant on the specifics and finish strong.
Enjoy the holidays!
For more content on business in December – check out Tips for Success in December